A couple of posts back I mentioned that I had a couple of works in the pipes, or rather stuck in the pipes, clogging everything up and starting to fester. Well, I grabbed the mental draining rods and battered away at the pipes and one particularly smelly lump of imagination landed on the floor with a splat and I’ve decided to wash it off, give it a good polish and finish it off. I’m about two thirds of the way through it and am going to let it stew in my head for a while before cracking on.
In the meanwhile I’ve decided what I’m going to do for my next Writers of The Future entry and will get on with that while the novel above ferments and bubbles in the back of my head. I’ve already written over 4k words.
All this will of course mean coming up with a routine. I find I work better in everything I do with some simple structuring to the day. At the moment (thanks to this horrible virus that’s trying to do us all in) I’m furloughed from work but continue to get up at the same time and attempt to do similar things, just as my son continues to follow his school timetable as best as possible. Only now, instead of working, I can concentrate on writing, though I’ll be taking time for the gardening too (those vegetables don’t grow themselves).
I plan to write something every day and get myself back into the swing of things. One day a week I’ll put my efforts into writing up my genealogy findings. I’ll also try to blog more (you have been warned).